We have one very basic goal, and that is to help people with disabilities live independently. Any other goal we espouse is related to that one!
We aspire to work with you to develop programs and resources that will enable you to achieve your goals to live independently in your community. Some of these ways include:
- Helping you find a place to live
- Helping you keep your home safe
- Helping you learn ways to manage your money
- Helping you schedule your time
We also find ways to help you:
- Effectively use public transportation
- Learn to use medications safely
- Effectively advocate for yourself and your freedom to aspire to your goals
- Look for a job or apply for college
- Get a driver’s license or Texas ID
- Apply for benefits such as SSI, SSDI, Medicare, Medicaid, SNAP and other forms of assistance
- Evaluate assistive technology such as hearing aids, alarm clocks, smoke alarms, door bells, etc.
- Apply for electronics with assistive technology features such as iPhone, Samsung Galaxy, iPad or another phone or tablet.
Be sure to check the links on the sidebar, and you will see many areas of possibilities to explore!