Independent living programs help you have more control over your life.
- VAIL teaches independent living skills which can enable you to stay in your own home.
- VAIL has peer counselors with disabilities who can more easily understand what your needs are.
- VAIL counselors can help you advocate for yourself to make your own decisions.
- VAIL provides information and referral to assist you in obtaining free services you need.
- VAIL can help you with emergency preparation and can assist you to register for emergency transportation.
You can be independent!
At Vail you learn to:
- manage your money
- schedule your time
- use public transportation
- take medications safely
- use specialized telephones
- protect yourself
- keep your home safe
- advocate for yourself
- learn job seeking skills
- learn other skills that interest you
You may qualify for free prescriptions
Call VAIL. A counselor can help you apply to the pharmaceutical companies to get your prescription medicine free if you are qualified.
Do you need a telephone?
Do you have trouble using the telephone because you can’t get to it in time or because you can’t hold the receiver to your ear? Do you have a hard time hearing on the phone? Do you have a hard time seeing the numbers to dial? Call VAIL today to apply for a free specialized phone.